We’re a good neighbor. 

We employ an innovative approach to oil & gas development with stakeholder involvement from the onset. We endeavour to minimize the impact of our operations on our landowners and form relationships built on mutual respect and understanding.

  • We are honourable and ethical in our agreements with landowners
  • We maintain roads and Right-of-Ways
  • We provide roadway dust control

Royalty Owner Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):  

Who should I contact if I have any questions about royalties?

For any land or royalty enquiries, please email or phone (403) 460-0031 ex.102.

When should I receive my royalty cheque?

Cheques are mailed on approximately the 15th day of each month. For royalty owners living outside of Canada please allow up to 15 days to receive your cheque.

How do I get a copy of my royalty statement?

Monthly royalty statements are mailed in the same envelope as your royalty cheque. If you are missing a statement please email us at

When will Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) T5 forms be issued? (Canadian royalty owners only)

T5’s are issued on or before February 28th following the taxation year.

When will Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) NR4 forms be issued? (US or International royalty owners only)

NR4’s are issued on or before February 15th following the taxation year.

I recently moved, how can I change my address?

All address changes must be submitted in writing with a signature.  As per company policy and to ensure your personal information is protected, address changes cannot be made over the telephone.  You may download the “P&NG Lease Change of Address” form or “Surface Lease Change of Address” form and send to the mailing address listed on the form, or scan and send via email to or by fax to (403) 265-9456. Please allow up to 30 days to process and update address changes in our system.

Can I lease my mineral rights with Blackspur?

Yes, Blackspur Oil Corp. would be interested in the opportunity to lease your mineral rights, which will allow us to look at incorporating your mineral rights into our development of the area. To lease with Blackspur, please contact the Mineral Land Department by phone at (403) 460-0031 ex.102 or by email at

Can I sell my mineral rights to Blackspur?

Yes, if you are interested in selling your mineral rights please contact the Mineral Land Department at Blackspur by phone at (403) 460-0031 ex.102 or by email at